Your Choice of Funeral
Funeral arrangements are a matter of personal wishes and choice and below are a few examples of what is available. The best way to obtain an estimate is by having an informal discussion with myself either in my offices or in the comfort of your own home to discuss your wishes. I will not rush you into making any decisions.
What is not included in the £2,305 Traditional Funeral cost
- Additional fee for an Out of Hours Removal of the deceased into my care Monday - Friday from 5.00pm – 8.30am including weekends and Bank Holidays from a Private residence or Care home £ 135:00
- Standard Black Limousine that seats up to 6 people £ 240:00
- A selection of different coffins and caskets from £495:00
- Embalming from £135:00
- Service in Church prior to committal at Crematorium or interment at cemetery £175:00
- Disbursements (Third Party fees), please see table below for costs, are required to be paid in full 48 hours prior to the funeral taking place
What is not included in the £1,950 Simple Funeral cost
- Additional fee for an Out of Hours Removal of the deceased into my care Monday - Friday from 5.00pm – 8.30am including weekends and bank holidays from either a private residence or Care home £ 135:00
*Embalming if required from £135:00
*Additional Bearers if required due to Health & Safety each £65:00
*Oversized Coffin At Cost
*Additional Mileage per mile £ 1:50
A Fully Itemised Estimate
At the time of the funeral arrangement I will give you a fully itemised estimate which is made up of two parts; My Charges and those of the “Disbursements” also known as Third Party Fees
The final invoice will be sent to you shortly after the funeral. If you are passing the account to a solicitor please let me know as soon as possible, if you are dealing with the estate yourself, you may present the invoice to the deceased’s bank or building society for payment directly from their account.
If you are finding it difficult to pay for the funeral you may be able to get assistance from the Benefits Agency. To qualify the next of kin must be in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits. These are Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Job Seekers Allowance (income based), Disabled Person’s Tax Credit, Working Family’s Tax Credit. Please contact your local Department of Work and Pensions for more information.
Disbursements (Third Party fees)
Disbursements are paid for on your behalf by the Funeral Director before the day of the funeral. I will explain these costs to you during the funeral arrangement meeting.
Listed below are the current typical fees that would need to be added to the costs of the Simple and Traditional Funerals;
- Fees at the local Enfield Crematorium Monday to Friday start from £534.00 for an unattended Direct Cremation (No Service)
- A service at 9.30am with use of the Chapel is £785.00 (60 minute total slot length)
- A service from 10.00am onwards with service in the Chapel is £1090:00.(60 minute total slot time)
- Fees at either Woollensbrook or Parndon Wood Crematoria Monday - Friday 9.30 - 5.30 £1124:00 (60 minute Chapel use providing a 40 minute service
- 9.00am service is £794:00 for 30 minute chapel use for a 20 minute service.
Fees for a local resident of Waltham Abbey being buried in the local Waltham Abbey cemetery would be for purchasing a grave including an interment for one person is £1,553:50 or purchasing the grave and interment of two persons is £1,782:00.
Fees for a Minister or Funeral Celebrant taking a service at the local Enfield Crematorium range from £250.00 - £300.00 approximately. If a service was to take place in a Church prior to the burial or cremation then these fees will be quoted at the time of arrangement.
Doctor’s fees, these are fees paid to two doctors for completing statutory forms that allow a cremation to proceed. One doctor would be the doctor who was in attendance of the deceased prior to death and the second doctor, an independent doctor who signs the second form known as the Confirmatory Form 5, typically these forms are referred to as Cremation Forms. Each doctor is paid a fee, currently £82.00, which is a total of £164.00.
Should the deceased become under the care of Her Majesty’s Coroners Service then these fees may not be required.
During this time of COVID 19 only one doctor is currently signing the cremation form therefore a single fee of £82.00 is being charged.
Please note; Disbursements (Third Party fees) are payable in full at the time of arrangement for all funeral arrangements.
The Direct and Simple funerals must be paid in full in cleared funds 48 hours prior to the funeral taking place.
The Traditional funeral service is required to be paid within 21 days from the date of the funeral invoice.
Terms of Business
Andrew D Crowley Independent Funeral Director
17, Sun Street, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1ER
Tel 01992 763 777
Term’s of Business
The Direct Cremation and Simple Funeral services are required to be paid in full 48 hours before the funeral takes place
Disbursements (Third Party Fees) – All third party fees are required to be paid in full either at the time of the arrangement or within 48 hours of the funeral taking place.
- The final funeral invoice with the balance outstanding will be submitted to the client approximately one week after the funeral has taken place.
- The final balance is due no later than 21 days of the date of the invoice.
- How to pay – I accept payment by Cash, Cheques, BACS (Bank Transfers), Credit/Debit Cards
- Funeral Finance is available should payment of the final invoice prove difficult, please ask for details
- If payment of the final invoice remains unpaid it may be necessary to engage the services of a third party company to collect the balance on my behalf who may add fees, charges and interest.
Disclosure of Interest
The business of Andrew. D. Crowley Independent Funeral Director is solely owned and operated by Andrew D Crowley. I am not part of any group or co -operative and no other business or person has an interest into this business or am I associated with or connected to any other business.